Food Tourism In France: Is Bordeaux Better To Visit Than Paris?
If you are still undecided on which city or region is worth your limited time, then it’s definitely Bordeaux.
Paris is obviously famous around the world for its romantic lifestyle and culture. But when you compare Bordeaux with Paris, the former will surprise you a lot more.
Paris is a dream traveling destination for most people. The ambiance of the beautiful city creates elegant and diverse feelings. It is known for its culture, fashion, and food without any shortage of entertainment. However, if you want to go on a budget trip without sacrificing fun and quality, then Bordeaux would be better. Bordeaux is specifically popular due to their wines. It is a serene and city full of culture that eludes peace. It has a big population that is known for its characteristics of being nonjudgmental and patient. The city also has an artistic vibe and is considered a place for opportunities – and great food.
In comparing these two, you can save a lot more money in Bordeaux. The place is very budget-friendly compared to the high cost of living in Paris. Bordeaux can also offer you a lot and doesn’t lag behind Paris’s commodities. You will find a lot of stacked wines on the shelves. The region demonstrates the very best of the country’s wine culture produces. Traveling agencies have expanded a lot of their available or free options to those who want to travel on a budget in Bordeaux. It is a high-end destination with upmarket shopping, drinking, and dining. A lot of places are good destinations for food tourism. In terms of food trips to France, Bordeaux is a “must”
This is a good list of the places (with their special dishes) to have food trips to France
- Le Petit Commerce – a bistro that looks nothing special but is known for the savory flavor of its dishes (mostly seafood)
- Michel’s – Has a quirky look and has a theme of being a traditional canteen.
- Crispy potatoes
- Onion soap
- Familia – Brasserie des Halles – The name is a tribute to a bar, cinema, and restaurant combined. The ambiance is elegant and the traditional coziness can stimulate the appetite.
- Tuna tartare
- L’Estacade Restaurant- it is a riverside eatery in the banks of Garonne that specialized in its flavors with its protein-driven dishes.
- Foie gras
- Smoked duck
- Pan fried sturgeon
- Rest’O – A popular place for vegetarians. The ingredients that made up the dishes are purely organic and fresh
- Mushroom croquettes
- Tangy stuffed tomatoes