Top Destinations For Food Trips To Italy
When you’re traveling, local foods are not to be missed – and a food trip is the best way to get the most out of your experience. Trying out a new locality’s specialties is a must for any foodie when visiting an area. These experiences are not only very memorable, but can complete the impression of a destination, city or country.
Italy is known for its distinct cuisine and is the best place to look for diverse cuisine. They have so many popular dishes, which is why trying all of them would be quite impossible for one trip. It is also hard to say which is the best place in Italy that offers the best food, however, you can just enjoy them and be the judge!
Here are 5 of the most recommended places for your food trips to Italy
- In Abruzzo, you must try their Arrosticini Abruzzese which are grilled meat skewers from sheep or lamb. When it is removed from the grill, salt is sprinkled in it. The next thing you should try is Cozze Ripiene which are mussels with breadcrumb and eggs inside you can put tomato sauce on top
- Rome is famous for its Italian pasta. It consists of fresh eggs, a hard cheese, guanciale (or pancetta), and a sprinkle of pepper (You can find it in restaurants like Pane e Salame and le pergola)
- In Venice, the Tiramisu, which is a Veneto region pudding must be tried.
- Basilicata tries their Matera bread which is crusty on the inside but has soft crumbs on the inside. It is considered a trademark within the place and some people are considered to be the finest bread you can find. The place also has Orecchiette which is also called little ears and is a famous pasta.
- Calabria is considered underrated. Don’t underestimate the dishes that come from the place like Nduja which is a delicious salami that has a top-notch creamy texture that has pepperoncino on its top for added spice. Next is Caciocavallo di cimina which is a cheese produced in Calabria that has also been awarded and is considered quite tasty.
There is certainly a lot to Italian food than just pizza and pasta. The country has a wide range of fresh ingredients that are utilized to make delicious and distinct recipes that you might have not yet discovered in your food trips to Italy